Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Lengthy holy days...

Feel so disoriented after spending almost an entire weekend in bed. The long weekend which was much anticipated as a refreshing breeze of adventure ended up as sober, lazy holidays.

The lengthy plans and preparations for the holidays were weighed down by my heavy numb ass, and in part, my wifey’s misadventure with ‘home made Ayurveda’

What followed was an almost disastrous pause in life, where I lost all sense of time and direction.


The day trips were limited to queuing up at traffic clogged exits indicating my desire to join them on their yummy traffic jams. As the traffic eases up, the evil lady who resides in my GPS vents out her vengeance by misguiding me to the verge of disaster, exploiting my limitations of spatial awareness and sense of direction. The GPS lady is a true depiction of the Biblical Satan who misguides one to peril and yet, I fall for her every time I am lost.

It was on one of those arduous trips to the in-laws place were the unlawful and brutal act of DIY Ayurveda was administered on my unsuspecting wifey.


Back at home, the buzzing noise from the air-conditioning ensured that the cosseting bedroom was always cold and wet. The hot afternoon was but a huger blur through the curtained window. The afternoon siesta extended to the evening and ended at dinner which was followed by late, at times tiring, ‘trying-to-get-baby-to-sleep’ nights.

Do I feel any better? No, do I feel any worse? No, as I said, time froze…

There were some consolations though; a book that I had kept aside for sometime is almost read. Realized that a few ‘stuff’ which were bought on impulse, still works. 

Another realization is that ‘Ayurveda’, a term synonymous with relaxing massages and oil bathes, where scented herbs mystifies your inner self, which supposedly carries all the wisdom and tradition of an olden golden forgotten (for better)era; can also be used as a powerful weapon which can partially disable a frail woman.

Ayurveda, the traditional Indian medical methods which claims to be the antivenin against the tyranny of modern allopathic medicine, can, in the wrong hands, or applied to the wrong body, be a muscle squashing, bone crunching experience more in tone with Kerala police camps than luxury resorts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment