Saturday, September 4, 2010

Vaccination

A very useful application of modern medical science;


Little Isaiah is in a lot of pain. This one was for typhoid… and the nurse had warned us about the pain. He seemed alright while at the beach, where I should not have taken him… he was fine until after dinner, when he began to limp a bit… pained and in tears we got home soon…


Just the Afternoon, I had felt him so cute'n adorable, so precious as he hugged me tight while I dressed him... those tiny eyes seemed to have a lot of love towards me... I thought I could do anything to keep him smiling... and now,  I felt so helpless as he reached out his little fingers… lil tear drops running down his face… brown tear drops from the dirt and sand… it was on my shirt and on our bed sheet as he cried in pain… I felt it on my face as he lay on my shoulders, his face next to mine… his emoticon face bearing the cry smiley…


Our reassurance and worried requests to stop crying only made his pained cry sound louder. The noises we made might have irritated him…


Mamma was better than me... In her arms he found comfort as she tries to nurse him to sleep… mamma can be more than a spectator as she feeds him in comfort and rest… I still feel helpless and sad…


A fat friend of mine once said that being unable to laugh when you want to burst out with laughter and being unable to cry when those tears weigh you down are two of the worst situations in life... he was being fat and philosophical...


Being helpless is a sad state and being sad and helpless makes me feel so terrible…


As someone extremely uncomfortable with blood and pain, I had to act brave when I tool lil Ice for his first vaccination, he seemed to take it quite well, he was a little weak, but a tough little baby… This time though he seems a lil hurt, on his left leg…

No comments:

Post a Comment