Saturday, September 4, 2010

Pro-Crastinus

Ode to Procrastination...


"Oh great one, blessed son of indolence … thy will shall I follow. Oh great master, at your feet lay me, your obedient slave… empty nights follow sleepy days… as I wile the evil time…"


Having started this blog in 2007, I waited all this while, till today 4th September 2010, for the opportune moment to post some text. In between I made two other blogs and wrote countless reports…out of compulsion… but this blog still lay in its grave waiting for resurrection… an empty blackboard waiting for a fools scribble…

Initially, I wanted to find the perfect day to start writing… a perfect incident to start writing about… so much had happened since then, marriage, the birth of little Isaiah, loss of a dear one, recession, employment, unemployment, termination… none of these could wake me up to the task…

The perfect day was even harder. Things should always start on a Wednesday, or so I thought, not on Monday, not on Friday, it should be a Wednesday. Tuesday seemed worst, Tuesday was neither here nor there and it seemed inauspicious with a ‘Tue’ at the beginning… that can’t be good. On the school the timetable, column with ‘Tue’ was the day you wished it was a holiday… it was the day when exam papers were handed out… worse still, it was the day when my parent visited the school… so ‘Tuesday’ was ‘Badday’ then.

Superstition and rituals were offspring’s of my own imagination. Two vile bitches who befriended me at a young age… The illicit relation had to end sometime and I decided to ditch them both for some sanity…

Being a nonbeliever was better… my morality was no longer decided by fear of hell or rewards in heaven; they were an outcome of my conscience and human empathy… qualities acquired through evolution…

After this, I did not need to find a special day, I might have wanted to make sure it was not a special day… not my son’s birthday, not the day when my salary came, not a weekend, not the d-day… but an invalid day… the thought is, to quote my dear sister, “every day is a good day, it is up to us to make it better…” and indeed, every day is a special day… so today, with the best wishes from PROCRASTINATION, I made a post on this blog…

No comments:

Post a Comment