Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Sincere Candidate

Interviewer: Do you think you can work under pressure?

Sincere candidate: I don’t think so. I detest working under pressure.

Surprised Interviewer: Then you may not be the right person for this role, we want someone who is hard working and can handle unbearable pressure.

Sincere Candidate: If my idea of a good work environment was unbearable pressure I would not have wasted all those years for education, would have been a thief where I could at least choose the rewards for taking unbearable pressure. As for hard working, I may do so, but I am not too keen to do that.

Angry Interviewer: Then why do you come here? Why do you need a job as such?

Sincere Candidate: So I can take care of my family

Angry Interviewer: So you mean to say that for you family is more important to you than work?

Sincere Candidate: of course, if I had to choose, definitely family, and if had to choose between my work and my friends, definitely friends...

Angry Interviewer sarcastically: may be you think you are very smart, but right now, you are only wasting our time, do us a favor, stop talking and get out of here and a word of advice, please don’t outsmart your wits lest you end up nowhere.

Sincere Candidate thinks to himself while walking out of the room:

"If I were choose between my friends and my family, I may be confused."

He was not very smart. He was too sincere and vacuous and he could not stop thinking;

If I were to choose between my friends and my life, I will choose life...

...and so if I were choose between my life and a bout of pleasure. I would choose pleasure; I would disown the agony of life and choose pleasure, for that is what I truly seek...

No comments:

Post a Comment